BeeIQ Solutions | HiveGate
This device enables effective defence against robbing, resulting in stronger, more productive colonies by extending the entrance of the hive to a position directly underneath the bee cluster.
With the inner entrance positioned below the cluster, the hive is better able to patrol and defend against intruders. If an intruder such as a wasp attempts to enter the hive and move along the channel towards the inner entrance it will encounter a barricade of bees.
- Is easy to install.
- Enables natural bee defence.
- Fits a range of hive bases including nucleus hives.
- Doesn’t require continuous monitoring. Is designed to ‘set and forget.'
- Is made for a long service life, constructed from high-quality, exceptionally durable, UV-protected plastic. Is chemical-free
The result is:
- Less robbing means stronger, more productive colonies.
- Bees spend less energy on defending the hive.
- Bees spend less energy on controlling the environment inside the hive.
- Fewer colony losses due to fewer pathogens being introduced by intruders.
Bee-IQ's instructions for fitting the HiveGate™ to different hive bases can be found here
Adapter Plate sold separately