Candle Dipping Vat & Rack
This easy-to-use dipping vat will allow you to make three pairs of elegant dipped candles at a time. Simply fill the vat with melted wax, hang the wick over the wires of the rack, and dip them into the wax.
- Holds up to 11.5 lb of melted wax
- 6-inch diameter by 15-inch height
- Produces candles 1 to 14 inches long
1. Melt beeswax in a double boiler to 160°F/71°C
2. Prepare the wick (2/0 recommended) by adding weights to the ends to keep them straight. A metal nut tied to the end will do the job. Hang the wick over two wires of the rack to keep the two tapers apart from each other.
3. Quickly dip the wicks into the hot wax and remove. Repeat 3 times and hang to cool for a couple of minutes. Repeat this process until the candles are as thick as you want them.
4. Once the candles are cooled, cut off the nut. Dip the candles once more to smooth out the base.
Do Not Heat Wax in Dipping Vat.
Intended for water immersion only, not over direct heat or flame.